Tuesday 30 July 2013

Packing with C.A.T.E.

Hi there,

So it's late night...kind of that "it's so late,  it's early" type of thing....

I am in the process of packing to go to Yellowknife, North West Territories in Northern Canada...yes, that is right...why would I want to go there??? Because I am crazy of course!

Not really, one of my very good friends lives there with her young family and I have the "traveling itch", so I thought it would be a wonderful trip, especially since they are in Summer and I may not get this chance again for a very long time!

Usually travelling for me means going to a large city and shopping and sight-seeing around an urban area (monuments, museums, local parks etc.) but this trip may be a little more eco-friendly. I discovered there are boating tours and fish dinners which could be really interesting activities to spend my vacay.



Also it's a chance to buy some interesting Inuit-cultural art and jewelry, and all that fur!!! (Sorry pro-animal rights friends maybe I will go with vintage fur) but anyhow I am excited *big grin*


                                  Photo Credit: "Family" by Norval Morrisseau via Google Images

One other thing I wanted to mention was my clever acronym for all packing-related things...think of C.A.T.E which stands for:

Clothing - one friend recommends packing items that can be mixed and matched ie: black, white and neutral items or day to night things

Accessories - this could include handbags, jewelry, hats, sunglasses etc.

Toiletries - all bath and skin-care cosmetics/make-up as well as little items one always needs along the way (q-tips, cotton balls etc.)

Entertainment - for me these are my tech toys - phone, camera and all those crazy batteries and chargers....for others this may be low-tech things like books, magazines, puzzles to keep you busy while in transit.

I create a four quadrants on a piece of paper and write down all items according to category and then take the list with me on the trip to remember to repack all my items again (I am famous for leaving things in people's houses and in hotel rooms)

Also what are your packing and travel time-saving tips????

Take tuned for my adventures in the North West Territories!

xoxoxo

Lady J 

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! Have a GREAT time, I can't wait to hear about it.

    For whatever reason blogger won't let me subscribe to your blog on my blogroll...weird :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the delayed reply....I have added some additional gadgets and a google+ follow etc. Try it again and let me know if it works

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the delayed reply....I have added some additional gadgets and a google+ follow etc. Try it again and let me know if it works

    ReplyDelete