Monday 23 September 2013

Luncheon en Vogue!

Last Friday afternoon, I attended a fabulous fundraiser through the Saskatoon Sexual Assault & Information Centre or SSAIC and an international women's organization Soroptimist's annual "Luncheon En Vogue Fundraiser"!!!

The event was of course a luncheon to bring awareness to the subject of assault and celebrate it's survivors but also Fashion Show/Silent Auction/Raffle prizes! The stakes were high with all the wonderful prizes there including Westjet Airline tickets to designer accessories and goodie bags etc. Event highlights are below:

Since it was causal Friday at work I rocked my acid washed jeans:


My place setting happened to be my fav colour, lilac purple! The menu was filled with veggies, salad, potatoes and baked chicken...oh and let me not forget the delicious Saskatoon Berry crumble for dessert: 


Do you see all of those goody surprise bags behind these lovely ladies? Attendees buy them at $10 - $40 and are matched with a corresponding numbers to win various prizes...and could you believe the lady in front of me in line got the last ticket?????


Also I bought raffle tickets to win baskets valued at over a $1000....of course they went to someone else in the end:(


I thought I would give it one last try and bought a $20 raffle ticket to win 2 WestJet tickets to anywhere they fly....let's just say I can cancel that vacation request at work this year! Oh my "luck" that afternoon..... 


Of course, it wouldn't be "en vogue" to not mention the models and fashion throughout the afternoon, all from local stores here in the city!

And guess what all these models have in common......




They're all Police Officers! lol

xoxox
Lady J 

No comments:

Post a Comment